Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 3:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.83 meters/second, 1497.0 km/hour, 930.2 miles/hour or 808.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 26.6"||929.90 mi||West||0° 01' 53.0"||2.16 mi||North||930.00 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 18.0"||953.45 mi||East||1° 25' 24.6"||97.92 mi||North||962.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brisbane||Fri 1:36 PM||794 km||493 miles||429 nm||SSW|
|Noumea||Fri 2:36 PM||1123 km||698 miles||606 nm||E|
|Cairns||Fri 1:36 PM||1131 km||703 miles||610 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Fri 2:36 PM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||NNE|
|Port Vila||Fri 2:36 PM||1364 km||848 miles||736 nm||ENE|
|Sydney *||Fri 2:36 PM||1521 km||945 miles||821 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 1:36 PM||1549 km||963 miles||837 nm||NW|
|Canberra *||Fri 2:36 PM||1736 km||1079 miles||937 nm||SSW|
|Melbourne *||Fri 2:36 PM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||SSW|
|Alice Springs||Fri 1:06 PM||2274 km||1413 miles||1228 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.