Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 3:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 03:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.86 meters/second, 1497.1 kilometres/hour, 930.3 miles/hour or 808.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 27.4"||929.98 mi||West||0° 01' 56.0"||2.22 mi||North||930.08 mi|
|24 hours||14° 43' 45.5"||952.93 mi||East||1° 26' 32.6"||99.22 mi||North||962.48 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mackay||Fri 1:56 PM||188 km||117 miles||101 nm||WSW|
|Lindeman Island||Fri 1:56 PM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||W|
|Cairns||Fri 1:56 PM||688 km||428 miles||372 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Fri 1:56 PM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 1:56 PM||1311 km||815 miles||708 nm||NNW|
|Sydney *||Fri 2:56 PM||1455 km||904 miles||786 nm||S|
|Honiara||Fri 2:56 PM||1581 km||982 miles||854 nm||NE|
|Canberra *||Fri 2:56 PM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||S|
|Alice Springs||Fri 1:26 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Fri 2:56 PM||1856 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.