Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 4:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 04:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.98 meters/second, 1497.5 km/hour, 930.5 miles/hour or 808.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||North||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 30.5"||930.23 mi||West||0° 02' 05.1"||2.39 mi||North||930.34 mi|
|24 hours||14° 42' 06.9"||951.36 mi||East||1° 29' 55.7"||103.10 mi||North||961.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Fri 2:26 PM||274 km||170 miles||148 nm||WNW|
|Alice Springs||Fri 2:26 PM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Fri 2:56 PM||1057 km||657 miles||571 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Fri 2:26 PM||1097 km||681 miles||592 nm||NW|
|Eucla||Fri 1:41 PM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||SSW|
|Adelaide *||Fri 3:26 PM||1589 km||988 miles||858 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Fri 2:56 PM||1688 km||1049 miles||911 nm||NE|
|Dili||Fri 1:56 PM||1789 km||1111 miles||966 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Fri 2:56 PM||1832 km||1138 miles||989 nm||ESE|
|Canberra *||Fri 3:56 PM||2030 km||1262 miles||1096 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.