Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 5:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 05:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.02 meters/second, 1497.7 km/hour, 930.6 miles/hour or 808.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 31.8"||930.34 mi||West||0° 02' 08.7"||2.46 mi||North||930.45 mi|
|24 hours||14° 41' 26.7"||950.73 mi||East||1° 31' 16.5"||104.65 mi||North||961.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Fri 2:50 PM||371 km||231 miles||200 nm||ENE|
|Alice Springs||Fri 2:50 PM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Fri 2:50 PM||910 km||565 miles||491 nm||N|
|Eucla||Fri 2:05 PM||1233 km||766 miles||666 nm||S|
|Dili||Fri 2:20 PM||1455 km||904 miles||786 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Fri 3:20 PM||1631 km||1013 miles||880 nm||ENE|
|Adelaide *||Fri 3:50 PM||1754 km||1090 miles||947 nm||SSE|
|Perth||Fri 1:20 PM||1943 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||SW|
|Makassar||Fri 1:20 PM||2116 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||NW|
|Denpasar||Fri 1:20 PM||2138 km||1329 miles||1154 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.