Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 5:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 05:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.03 meters/second, 1497.7 km/hour, 930.6 miles/hour or 808.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 32.0"||930.35 mi||West||0° 02' 09.4"||2.47 mi||North||930.47 mi|
|24 hours||14° 41' 20.1"||950.62 mi||East||1° 31' 30.1"||104.90 mi||North||961.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Fri 2:54 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||ENE|
|Alice Springs||Fri 2:54 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Fri 2:54 PM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||N|
|Eucla||Fri 2:09 PM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||S|
|Dili||Fri 2:24 PM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Fri 3:24 PM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||ENE|
|Adelaide *||Fri 3:54 PM||1796 km||1116 miles||970 nm||SSE|
|Perth||Fri 1:24 PM||1871 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||SW|
|Makassar||Fri 1:24 PM||2057 km||1278 miles||1111 nm||NW|
|Denpasar||Fri 1:24 PM||2060 km||1280 miles||1113 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.