Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 6:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.15 meters/second, 1498.2 km/hour, 930.9 miles/hour or 808.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 35.2"||930.63 mi||West||0° 02' 18.4"||2.65 mi||North||930.75 mi|
|24 hours||14° 39' 38.5"||949.02 mi||East||1° 34' 50.9"||108.74 mi||North||959.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Karratha||Fri 2:24 PM||143 km||89 miles||77 nm||E|
|Perth||Fri 2:24 PM||1253 km||779 miles||677 nm||S|
|Denpasar||Fri 2:24 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||N|
|Malang||Fri 1:24 PM||1432 km||890 miles||773 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Fri 1:24 PM||1510 km||938 miles||815 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Fri 3:24 PM||1723 km||1071 miles||930 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Fri 1:24 PM||1740 km||1081 miles||939 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Fri 2:24 PM||1768 km||1098 miles||955 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Fri 3:09 PM||1811 km||1125 miles||978 nm||SE|
|Jakarta||Fri 1:24 PM||1858 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.