Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 6:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 416.18 meters/second, 1498.2 kilometres/hour, 931.0 miles/hour or 809.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 35.6"||930.68 mi||West||0° 02' 19.8"||2.67 mi||North||930.80 mi|
|24 hours||14° 39' 21.2"||948.75 mi||East||1° 35' 24.1"||109.38 mi||North||959.82 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Perth||Fri 2:34 PM||1283 km||797 miles||693 nm||SSE|
|Denpasar||Fri 2:34 PM||1346 km||837 miles||727 nm||N|
|Malang||Fri 1:34 PM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Fri 1:34 PM||1481 km||920 miles||799 nm||N|
|Bandung||Fri 1:34 PM||1629 km||1012 miles||879 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Fri 1:34 PM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Fri 2:34 PM||1847 km||1148 miles||997 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Fri 3:34 PM||1895 km||1178 miles||1023 nm||NE|
|Eucla||Fri 3:19 PM||1994 km||1239 miles||1077 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Fri 4:04 PM||2098 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.