Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 7:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 07:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.24 meters/second, 1498.5 km/hour, 931.1 miles/hour or 809.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 37.4"||930.83 mi||West||0° 02' 24.7"||2.77 mi||North||930.96 mi|
|24 hours||14° 38' 26.1"||947.88 mi||East||1° 37' 10.5"||111.41 mi||North||959.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bandung||Fri 2:06 PM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||N|
|Malang||Fri 2:06 PM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Fri 2:06 PM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||N|
|Perth||Fri 3:06 PM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||SE|
|Surabaya||Fri 2:06 PM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Fri 3:06 PM||1692 km||1052 miles||914 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Fri 2:06 PM||1893 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||N|
|Palembang||Fri 2:06 PM||1952 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||N|
|Makassar||Fri 3:06 PM||2286 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||NE|
|Pontianak||Fri 2:06 PM||2318 km||1440 miles||1252 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.