Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 10:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 10:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.78 meters/second, 1500.4 km/hour, 932.3 miles/hour or 810.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.54 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||North||15.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 50.2"||932.04 mi||West||0° 02' 57.3"||3.39 mi||North||932.19 mi|
|24 hours||14° 31' 51.7"||941.78 mi||East||1° 49' 08.8"||125.13 mi||North||955.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint-Denis||Fri 2:46 PM||291 km||181 miles||157 nm||E|
|Toamasina||Fri 1:46 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||NW|
|Port Louis||Fri 2:46 PM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||E|
|Antananarivo||Fri 1:46 PM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||WNW|
|Fianarantsoa||Fri 1:46 PM||594 km||369 miles||320 nm||WSW|
|Antsirabe||Fri 1:46 PM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||W|
|Moroni||Fri 1:46 PM||1399 km||870 miles||756 nm||NW|
|Victoria||Fri 2:46 PM||1778 km||1105 miles||960 nm||N|
|Dar es Salaam||Fri 1:46 PM||2091 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||NW|
|Lilongwe||Fri 12:46 PM||2134 km||1326 miles||1152 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.