Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 11:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.85 meters/second, 1500.7 km/hour, 932.5 miles/hour or 810.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.54 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 51.9"||932.20 mi||West||0° 03' 01.4"||3.47 mi||North||932.36 mi|
|24 hours||14° 30' 59.7"||940.98 mi||East||1° 50' 38.5"||126.84 mi||North||954.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Antsirabe||Fri 2:14 PM||127 km||79 miles||68 nm||ENE|
|Fianarantsoa||Fri 2:14 PM||160 km||100 miles||87 nm||SE|
|Antananarivo||Fri 2:14 PM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||NE|
|Toliara||Fri 2:14 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||SW|
|Toamasina||Fri 2:14 PM||440 km||273 miles||237 nm||NE|
|Mahajanga||Fri 2:14 PM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||N|
|Mamoutzou||Fri 2:14 PM||851 km||529 miles||460 nm||N|
|Nampula||Fri 1:14 PM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||NW|
|Mutsamudu||Fri 2:14 PM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||N|
|Fomboni||Fri 2:14 PM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.