Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 11:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 11:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.88 meters/second, 1500.8 km/hour, 932.5 miles/hour or 810.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.54 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 52.5"||932.27 mi||West||0° 03' 02.9"||3.50 mi||North||932.43 mi|
|24 hours||14° 30' 41.1"||940.70 mi||East||1° 51' 10.6"||127.45 mi||North||954.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Toliara||Fri 2:24 PM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||S|
|Antsirabe||Fri 2:24 PM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||E|
|Fianarantsoa||Fri 2:24 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||ESE|
|Antananarivo||Fri 2:24 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||ENE|
|Mahajanga||Fri 2:24 PM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||NNE|
|Toamasina||Fri 2:24 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||ENE|
|Nampula||Fri 1:24 PM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||NW|
|Mamoutzou||Fri 2:24 PM||865 km||537 miles||467 nm||NNE|
|Fomboni||Fri 2:24 PM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||N|
|Beira||Fri 1:24 PM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.