Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.00 meters/second, 1501.2 km/hour, 932.8 miles/hour or 810.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.55 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||north||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 55.1"||932.52 mi||west||0° 03' 08.9"||3.61 mi||north||932.69 mi|
|24 hours||14° 29' 24.0"||939.52 mi||east||1° 53' 21.6"||129.96 mi||north||953.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Beira||Fri 2:04 PM||131 km||81 miles||71 nm||ENE|
|Mutare||Fri 2:04 PM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||NW|
|Masvingo||Fri 2:04 PM||305 km||190 miles||165 nm||W|
|Harare||Fri 2:04 PM||401 km||249 miles||216 nm||NW|
|Gweru||Fri 2:04 PM||423 km||263 miles||229 nm||WNW|
|Blantyre||Fri 2:04 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||NNE|
|Bulawayo||Fri 2:04 PM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||W|
|Polokwane||Fri 2:04 PM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||SW|
|Maputo||Fri 2:04 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||S|
|Nelspruit||Fri 2:04 PM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.