Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.02 meters/second, 1501.3 km/hour, 932.8 miles/hour or 810.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 55.7"||932.58 mi||West||0° 03' 10.2"||3.64 mi||North||932.74 mi|
|24 hours||14° 29' 07.1"||939.26 mi||East||1° 53' 49.8"||130.49 mi||North||953.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Masvingo||Fri 2:14 PM||88 km||55 miles||47 nm||WNW|
|Mutare||Fri 2:14 PM||192 km||119 miles||103 nm||NE|
|Gweru||Fri 2:14 PM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||WNW|
|Chitungwiza||Fri 2:14 PM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||NNW|
|Harare||Fri 2:14 PM||289 km||180 miles||156 nm||NNW|
|Bulawayo||Fri 2:14 PM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||W|
|Beira||Fri 2:14 PM||344 km||213 miles||186 nm||E|
|Francistown||Fri 2:14 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||WSW|
|Polokwane||Fri 2:14 PM||447 km||278 miles||241 nm||SSW|
|Serowe||Fri 2:14 PM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.