Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.05 meters/second, 1501.4 km/hour, 932.9 miles/hour or 810.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 56.4"||932.64 mi||West||0° 03' 11.6"||3.66 mi||North||932.81 mi|
|24 hours||14° 28' 48.2"||938.98 mi||East||1° 54' 21.4"||131.10 mi||North||953.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bulawayo||Fri 2:24 PM||70 km||43 miles||38 nm||WNW|
|Gweru||Fri 2:24 PM||121 km||75 miles||65 nm||NNE|
|Masvingo||Fri 2:24 PM||173 km||108 miles||94 nm||E|
|Francistown||Fri 2:24 PM||197 km||123 miles||106 nm||WSW|
|Tonota||Fri 2:24 PM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||WSW|
|Selebi-Phikwe||Fri 2:24 PM||227 km||141 miles||122 nm||SW|
|Chitungwiza||Fri 2:24 PM||327 km||203 miles||177 nm||NE|
|Serowe||Fri 2:24 PM||342 km||212 miles||184 nm||SW|
|Harare||Fri 2:24 PM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||NE|
|Polokwane||Fri 2:24 PM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.