Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.11 meters/second, 1501.6 km/hour, 933.0 miles/hour or 810.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||North||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 57.7"||932.77 mi||West||0° 03' 14.5"||3.72 mi||North||932.94 mi|
|24 hours||14° 28' 10.2"||938.40 mi||East||1° 55' 24.6"||132.31 mi||North||953.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maun||Fri 2:44 PM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||WNW|
|Ghanzi||Fri 2:44 PM||323 km||201 miles||175 nm||WSW|
|Serowe||Fri 2:44 PM||327 km||203 miles||176 nm||SE|
|Francistown||Fri 2:44 PM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||ESE|
|Bulawayo||Fri 2:44 PM||436 km||271 miles||236 nm||E|
|Molepolole||Fri 2:44 PM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||SSE|
|Gaborone||Fri 2:44 PM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||SSE|
|Rundu *||Fri 2:44 PM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||WNW|
|Gweru||Fri 2:44 PM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||E|
|Mongu||Fri 2:44 PM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.