Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 1:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 13:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.17 meters/second, 1501.8 km/hour, 933.2 miles/hour or 810.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||North||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 59.1"||932.91 mi||West||0° 03' 17.7"||3.78 mi||North||933.09 mi|
|24 hours||14° 27' 28.2"||937.76 mi||East||1° 56' 33.9"||133.63 mi||North||952.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rundu *||Fri 3:06 PM||277 km||172 miles||149 nm||NNE|
|Ghanzi||Fri 3:06 PM||301 km||187 miles||162 nm||ESE|
|Windhoek *||Fri 3:06 PM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||SW|
|Maun||Fri 3:06 PM||449 km||279 miles||243 nm||E|
|Swakopmund *||Fri 3:06 PM||543 km||338 miles||293 nm||WSW|
|Walvis Bay *||Fri 3:06 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||WSW|
|Menongue||Fri 2:06 PM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||NNW|
|Molepolole||Fri 3:06 PM||796 km||494 miles||430 nm||SE|
|Gaborone||Fri 3:06 PM||844 km||525 miles||456 nm||SE|
|Lubango||Fri 2:06 PM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.