Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 6:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 18:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.27 meters/second, 1505.8 km/hour, 935.6 miles/hour or 813.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 22.4"||935.37 mi||West||0° 04' 05.7"||4.69 mi||North||935.59 mi|
|24 hours||14° 16' 17.3"||927.70 mi||East||2° 13' 48.6"||153.39 mi||North||946.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Cruz||Fri 2:44 PM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||NNW|
|Sucre||Fri 2:44 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||WNW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 2:44 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||NNE|
|Salta||Fri 3:44 PM||641 km||399 miles||346 nm||SSW|
|Asuncion *||Fri 3:44 PM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||SE|
|La Paz||Fri 2:44 PM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||WNW|
|Tucumán||Fri 3:44 PM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||SSW|
|Rio Branco||Fri 2:44 PM||1279 km||795 miles||690 nm||NNW|
|Córdoba||Fri 3:44 PM||1285 km||798 miles||694 nm||S|
|Rosario||Fri 3:44 PM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.