Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 6:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 18:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.31 meters/second, 1505.9 km/hour, 935.7 miles/hour or 813.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||North||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 23.4"||935.47 mi||West||0° 04' 07.3"||4.73 mi||North||935.68 mi|
|24 hours||14° 15' 52.8"||927.34 mi||East||2° 14' 24.2"||154.07 mi||North||946.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Potosi||Fri 2:56 PM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||WNW|
|Sucre||Fri 2:56 PM||117 km||73 miles||63 nm||NNW|
|Tarija||Fri 2:56 PM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||S|
|Santa Cruz||Fri 2:56 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Fri 2:56 PM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||NW|
|Salta||Fri 3:56 PM||535 km||333 miles||289 nm||S|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 2:56 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||NE|
|Tucumán||Fri 3:56 PM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||S|
|Asuncion *||Fri 3:56 PM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||SE|
|Riberalta||Fri 2:56 PM||1003 km||623 miles||542 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.