Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 7:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 19:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.34 meters/second, 1506.0 km/hour, 935.8 miles/hour or 813.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||North||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 24.2"||935.55 mi||West||0° 04' 08.6"||4.75 mi||North||935.77 mi|
|24 hours||14° 15' 32.2"||927.03 mi||East||2° 14' 53.8"||154.64 mi||North||946.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Potosi||Fri 3:06 PM||155 km||96 miles||84 nm||ENE|
|Oruro||Fri 3:06 PM||223 km||139 miles||121 nm||N|
|Sucre||Fri 3:06 PM||226 km||141 miles||122 nm||ENE|
|La Paz||Fri 3:06 PM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||NNW|
|Santa Cruz||Fri 3:06 PM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||ENE|
|Salta||Fri 4:06 PM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||SSE|
|Arequipa||Fri 2:06 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||NW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 3:06 PM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||ENE|
|Tucumán||Fri 4:06 PM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||SSE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 2:06 PM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.