Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 7:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 19:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.38 meters/second, 1506.2 km/hour, 935.9 miles/hour or 813.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||North||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 24.8"||935.63 mi||West||0° 04' 10.1"||4.78 mi||North||935.85 mi|
|24 hours||14° 15' 11.5"||926.73 mi||East||2° 15' 23.5"||155.20 mi||North||945.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Iquique *||Fri 4:16 PM||66 km||41 miles||36 nm||WSW|
|Arica *||Fri 4:16 PM||182 km||113 miles||99 nm||NNW|
|La Paz||Fri 3:16 PM||413 km||256 miles||223 nm||NNE|
|Arequipa||Fri 2:16 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||NNW|
|Sucre||Fri 3:16 PM||464 km||288 miles||251 nm||ENE|
|Salta||Fri 4:16 PM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||SE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 2:16 PM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||NNW|
|Tucumán||Fri 4:16 PM||880 km||547 miles||475 nm||SSE|
|Cobija||Fri 3:16 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||N|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 3:16 PM||994 km||617 miles||537 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.