Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 7:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 19:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.41 meters/second, 1506.3 km/hour, 936.0 miles/hour or 813.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||North||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 25.5"||935.70 mi||West||0° 04' 11.1"||4.80 mi||North||935.91 mi|
|24 hours||14° 14' 55.1"||926.48 mi||East||2° 15' 47.1"||155.65 mi||North||945.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Iquique *||Fri 4:24 PM||143 km||89 miles||77 nm||ESE|
|Arica *||Fri 4:24 PM||205 km||127 miles||111 nm||NE|
|Arequipa||Fri 2:24 PM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||N|
|Antofagasta *||Fri 4:24 PM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||SSE|
|La Paz||Fri 3:24 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||NE|
|Cochabamba||Fri 3:24 PM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Fri 3:24 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||E|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 2:24 PM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||N|
|Salta||Fri 4:24 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||SE|
|Santa Cruz||Fri 3:24 PM||908 km||564 miles||490 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.