Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 8:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 20:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.63 meters/second, 1507.1 km/hour, 936.4 miles/hour or 813.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.61 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 30.0"||936.19 mi||West||0° 04' 19.3"||4.96 mi||North||936.41 mi|
|24 hours||14° 12' 50.5"||924.64 mi||East||2° 18' 43.3"||159.02 mi||North||944.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lima||Fri 3:24 PM||1283 km||797 miles||693 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Fri 4:24 PM||1914 km||1189 miles||1033 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Fri 3:24 PM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||NNE|
|Santiago *||Fri 5:24 PM||2129 km||1323 miles||1150 nm||SE|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 2:24 PM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||NNW|
|Sucre||Fri 4:24 PM||2166 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Fri 4:24 PM||2228 km||1385 miles||1203 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Fri 3:24 PM||2319 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||NNE|
|Córdoba||Fri 5:24 PM||2518 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||SE|
|Easter Island *||Fri 3:24 PM||2520 km||1566 miles||1360 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.