Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 11:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 23:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.24 meters/second, 1509.3 km/hour, 937.8 miles/hour or 814.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 42.4"||937.57 mi||West||0° 04' 41.0"||5.37 mi||North||937.81 mi|
|24 hours||14° 07' 12.9"||919.68 mi||East||2° 26' 23.8"||167.81 mi||North||941.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 3:04 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:04 PM||1730 km||1075 miles||934 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:04 PM||2678 km||1664 miles||1446 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:04 PM||3702 km||2300 miles||1999 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 5:04 PM||4311 km||2679 miles||2328 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:04 PM||4329 km||2690 miles||2337 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:04 PM||4782 km||2971 miles||2582 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:04 PM||5091 km||3163 miles||2749 nm||W|
|Lima||Fri 6:04 PM||5112 km||3177 miles||2760 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:04 PM||5123 km||3183 miles||2766 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.