Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 11:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 23:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.28 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 43.1"||937.66 mi||West||0° 04' 42.3"||5.39 mi||North||937.90 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 51.4"||919.37 mi||East||2° 26' 52.0"||168.35 mi||North||941.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 3:14 PM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||SSW|
|Gambier Islands||Fri 2:14 PM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:14 PM||1950 km||1211 miles||1053 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:14 PM||2426 km||1508 miles||1310 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:14 PM||3453 km||2146 miles||1865 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:14 PM||4112 km||2555 miles||2220 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:14 PM||4532 km||2816 miles||2447 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:14 PM||4839 km||3007 miles||2613 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:14 PM||5049 km||3137 miles||2726 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:14 PM||5266 km||3272 miles||2844 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.