Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 23:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 23:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.29 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.63 mi||west||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||north||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 43.1"||937.74 mi||west||0° 04' 42.4"||5.40 mi||north||937.98 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 49.1"||919.40 mi||east||2° 26' 55.1"||168.42 mi||north||941.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 3:14 PM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||SSW|
|Gambier Islands||Fri 2:14 PM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:14 PM||1975 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:14 PM||2399 km||1491 miles||1295 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:14 PM||3425 km||2128 miles||1850 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:14 PM||4088 km||2540 miles||2207 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:14 PM||4504 km||2799 miles||2432 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:14 PM||4811 km||2989 miles||2598 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:14 PM||5021 km||3120 miles||2711 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:14 PM||5283 km||3283 miles||2853 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.