Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 11:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 23:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.32 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 43.8"||937.75 mi||West||0° 04' 43.7"||5.42 mi||North||938.00 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 30.1"||919.05 mi||East||2° 27' 20.2"||168.89 mi||North||941.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 3:24 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||S|
|Gambier Islands||Fri 2:24 PM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:24 PM||2175 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:24 PM||2175 km||1352 miles||1174 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:24 PM||3205 km||1991 miles||1730 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:24 PM||3900 km||2424 miles||2106 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:24 PM||4283 km||2661 miles||2312 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:24 PM||4588 km||2851 miles||2477 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:24 PM||4802 km||2984 miles||2593 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:24 PM||5419 km||3367 miles||2926 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.