Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 11:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 23:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.41 meters/second, 1509.9 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 45.4"||937.93 mi||West||0° 04' 46.3"||5.47 mi||North||938.18 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 47.2"||918.43 mi||East||2° 28' 16.6"||169.97 mi||North||940.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 2:44 PM||403 km||250 miles||218 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:44 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:44 PM||1673 km||1040 miles||904 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:44 PM||2634 km||1637 miles||1422 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:44 PM||2707 km||1682 miles||1462 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:44 PM||3498 km||2174 miles||1889 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:44 PM||3782 km||2350 miles||2042 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:44 PM||4085 km||2538 miles||2206 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:44 PM||4175 km||2594 miles||2254 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:44 PM||4306 km||2676 miles||2325 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.