Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 23:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 23:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.41 meters/second, 1509.9 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||north||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 45.6"||938.01 mi||west||0° 04' 46.5"||5.47 mi||north||938.25 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 44.9"||918.46 mi||east||2° 28' 19.8"||170.04 mi||north||940.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 2:44 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:44 PM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:44 PM||1645 km||1022 miles||888 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:44 PM||2660 km||1653 miles||1437 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:44 PM||2679 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:44 PM||3477 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:44 PM||3754 km||2333 miles||2027 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:44 PM||4057 km||2521 miles||2190 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:44 PM||4147 km||2577 miles||2239 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:44 PM||4279 km||2659 miles||2310 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.