Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 11:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 23:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.45 meters/second, 1510.0 km/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 46.3"||938.02 mi||West||0° 04' 47.6"||5.50 mi||North||938.27 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 25.8"||918.11 mi||East||2° 28' 44.7"||170.50 mi||North||940.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 2:54 PM||411 km||256 miles||222 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:54 PM||875 km||543 miles||472 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:54 PM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:54 PM||2458 km||1528 miles||1327 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:54 PM||2868 km||1782 miles||1548 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:54 PM||3310 km||2057 miles||1787 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:54 PM||3532 km||2194 miles||1907 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:54 PM||3833 km||2382 miles||2070 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:54 PM||3925 km||2439 miles||2119 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:54 PM||4058 km||2522 miles||2191 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.