Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 12:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 00:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.49 meters/second, 1510.2 km/hour, 938.4 miles/hour or 815.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 47.1"||938.11 mi||West||0° 04' 49.0"||5.52 mi||North||938.36 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 04.2"||917.80 mi||East||2° 29' 12.7"||171.04 mi||North||940.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 3:04 PM||548 km||340 miles||296 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:04 PM||1068 km||664 miles||577 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 2:04 PM||1174 km||729 miles||634 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:04 PM||2210 km||1373 miles||1193 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:04 PM||3103 km||1928 miles||1675 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:04 PM||3132 km||1946 miles||1691 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:04 PM||3281 km||2038 miles||1771 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 2:04 PM||3582 km||2226 miles||1934 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:04 PM||3682 km||2288 miles||1988 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:04 PM||3810 km||2368 miles||2057 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.