Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 00:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 00:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.49 meters/second, 1510.2 km/hour, 938.4 miles/hour or 815.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||north||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 47.1"||938.11 mi||west||0° 04' 49.0"||5.52 mi||north||938.36 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 04.2"||917.80 mi||east||2° 29' 12.7"||171.04 mi||north||940.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 3:04 PM||548 km||340 miles||296 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:04 PM||1068 km||664 miles||577 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 2:04 PM||1174 km||729 miles||634 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:04 PM||2210 km||1373 miles||1193 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:04 PM||3103 km||1928 miles||1675 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:04 PM||3132 km||1946 miles||1691 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:04 PM||3281 km||2038 miles||1771 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 2:04 PM||3582 km||2226 miles||1934 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:04 PM||3682 km||2288 miles||1988 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:04 PM||3810 km||2368 miles||2057 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.