Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 12:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 00:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.53 meters/second, 1510.3 km/hour, 938.5 miles/hour or 815.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 47.9"||938.20 mi||West||0° 04' 50.2"||5.55 mi||North||938.46 mi|
|24 hours||14° 04' 42.6"||917.49 mi||East||2° 29' 40.8"||171.57 mi||North||940.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 3:14 PM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 2:14 PM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:14 PM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:14 PM||1961 km||1218 miles||1059 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:14 PM||2967 km||1843 miles||1602 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:14 PM||3030 km||1883 miles||1636 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 2:14 PM||3332 km||2070 miles||1799 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:14 PM||3339 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:14 PM||3434 km||2134 miles||1854 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:14 PM||3562 km||2213 miles||1923 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.