Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.61 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 49.4"||938.39 mi||West||0° 04' 52.8"||5.60 mi||North||938.64 mi|
|24 hours||14° 03' 59.6"||916.86 mi||East||2° 30' 36.5"||172.64 mi||North||939.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 2:34 PM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||WNW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 2:34 PM||710 km||441 miles||384 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:34 PM||1464 km||910 miles||790 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:34 PM||1732 km||1076 miles||935 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Fri 1:34 PM||2527 km||1570 miles||1365 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:34 PM||2683 km||1667 miles||1449 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sat 2:34 PM||2832 km||1760 miles||1529 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:34 PM||2951 km||1834 miles||1594 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:34 PM||3064 km||1904 miles||1655 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sat 1:34 PM||3761 km||2337 miles||2031 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.