Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 12:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 00:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.65 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 50.2"||938.48 mi||West||0° 04' 54.3"||5.62 mi||North||938.74 mi|
|24 hours||14° 03' 38.0"||916.54 mi||East||2° 31' 04.3"||173.17 mi||North||939.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 2:44 PM||263 km||164 miles||142 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:44 PM||1216 km||756 miles||657 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:44 PM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Fri 1:44 PM||2276 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:44 PM||2569 km||1596 miles||1387 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sat 2:44 PM||2584 km||1606 miles||1395 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:44 PM||2714 km||1687 miles||1466 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:44 PM||2815 km||1749 miles||1520 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sat 1:44 PM||3509 km||2181 miles||1895 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:44 PM||3713 km||2307 miles||2005 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.