Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 12:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 00:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.69 meters/second, 1510.9 km/hour, 938.8 miles/hour or 815.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 51.2"||938.57 mi||West||0° 04' 55.5"||5.65 mi||North||938.83 mi|
|24 hours||14° 03' 16.3"||916.23 mi||East||2° 31' 32.1"||173.70 mi||North||939.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 2:54 PM||251 km||156 miles||136 nm||NNE|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 2:54 PM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:54 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:54 PM||2024 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:54 PM||2202 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Sat 2:54 PM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:54 PM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:54 PM||2481 km||1542 miles||1340 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:54 PM||2566 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sat 1:54 PM||3258 km||2024 miles||1759 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.