Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 00:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 00:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.69 meters/second, 1510.9 km/hour, 938.8 miles/hour or 815.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||north||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 51.2"||938.57 mi||west||0° 04' 55.5"||5.65 mi||north||938.83 mi|
|24 hours||14° 03' 16.3"||916.23 mi||east||2° 31' 32.1"||173.70 mi||north||939.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 2:54 PM||251 km||156 miles||135 nm||NNE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:54 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:54 PM||2024 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:54 PM||2202 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Sat 2:54 PM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:54 PM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:54 PM||2484 km||1544 miles||1341 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:54 PM||2566 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sat 1:54 PM||3258 km||2024 miles||1759 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:54 PM||3468 km||2155 miles||1872 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.