Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 1:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.74 meters/second, 1511.1 km/hour, 938.9 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 52.0"||938.69 mi||West||0° 04' 57.1"||5.68 mi||North||938.94 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 50.2"||915.85 mi||East||2° 32' 05.5"||174.34 mi||North||939.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 3:06 PM||384 km||239 miles||208 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Fri 3:06 PM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:06 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 2:06 PM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 3:06 PM||2043 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:06 PM||2209 km||1373 miles||1193 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:06 PM||2267 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:06 PM||2403 km||1493 miles||1297 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Fri 5:06 PM||2488 km||1546 miles||1343 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Sat 2:06 PM||2956 km||1837 miles||1596 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.