Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.74 meters/second, 1511.1 km/hour, 938.9 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||north||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 52.0"||938.69 mi||west||0° 04' 57.1"||5.68 mi||north||938.94 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 50.2"||915.85 mi||east||2° 32' 05.5"||174.34 mi||north||939.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 3:06 PM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:06 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 2:06 PM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 3:06 PM||2043 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:06 PM||2212 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:06 PM||2267 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:06 PM||2403 km||1493 miles||1297 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Fri 5:06 PM||2488 km||1546 miles||1343 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Sat 2:06 PM||2956 km||1837 miles||1596 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 1:06 PM||3179 km||1975 miles||1717 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.