Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 1:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.78 meters/second, 1511.2 km/hour, 939.0 miles/hour or 816.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 52.7"||938.76 mi||West||0° 04' 58.1"||5.70 mi||North||939.02 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 33.0"||915.60 mi||East||2° 32' 27.5"||174.76 mi||North||938.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:14 PM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||WSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 3:14 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Fri 3:14 PM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Fri 2:14 PM||1521 km||945 miles||821 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 3:14 PM||1849 km||1149 miles||998 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:14 PM||2033 km||1264 miles||1098 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:14 PM||2068 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:14 PM||2374 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Fri 5:14 PM||2679 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Sat 2:14 PM||2755 km||1712 miles||1487 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.