Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.82 meters/second, 1511.3 kilometres/hour, 939.1 miles/hour or 816.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.8"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 53.5"||938.85 mi||West||0° 04' 59.5"||5.72 mi||North||939.11 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 11.3"||915.28 mi||East||2° 32' 55.1"||175.28 mi||North||938.66 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:24 PM||277 km||172 miles||150 nm||SW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 3:24 PM||727 km||451 miles||392 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Fri 3:24 PM||902 km||561 miles||487 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Fri 2:24 PM||1269 km||788 miles||685 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 3:24 PM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:24 PM||1819 km||1131 miles||982 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:24 PM||1823 km||1133 miles||984 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:24 PM||2365 km||1469 miles||1277 nm||N|
|Suva *||Sat 2:24 PM||2503 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 1:24 PM||2756 km||1712 miles||1488 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.