Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 2:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.03 meters/second, 1512.1 km/hour, 939.6 miles/hour or 816.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 57.6"||939.33 mi||West||0° 05' 06.0"||5.85 mi||North||939.59 mi|
|24 hours||14° 00' 22.3"||913.70 mi||East||2° 35' 12.2"||177.90 mi||North||937.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Fri 3:14 PM||43 km||27 miles||23 nm||N|
|Neiafu||Sat 3:14 PM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||W|
|Pangai||Sat 3:14 PM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Fri 3:14 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:14 PM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 4:14 PM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 4:14 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:14 PM||1071 km||665 miles||578 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:14 PM||1124 km||698 miles||607 nm||N|
|Suva *||Sat 3:14 PM||1244 km||773 miles||672 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.