Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.17 meters/second, 1512.6 km/hour, 939.9 miles/hour or 816.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.9"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 00.2"||939.64 mi||West||0° 05' 10.1"||5.93 mi||North||939.90 mi|
|24 hours||13° 59' 12.1"||912.68 mi||East||2° 36' 39.3"||179.57 mi||North||937.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tubou *||Sat 3:46 PM||186 km||115 miles||100 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:46 PM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||SE|
|Pangai||Sat 3:46 PM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||E|
|Neiafu||Sat 3:46 PM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||ENE|
|Levuka *||Sat 3:46 PM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Sat 3:46 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||WNW|
|Labasa *||Sat 3:46 PM||464 km||288 miles||250 nm||NW|
|Nadi *||Sat 3:46 PM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||WNW|
|Lautoka *||Sat 3:46 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 3:46 PM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.