Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 3:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.33 meters/second, 1513.2 km/hour, 940.3 miles/hour or 817.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.9"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 03.5"||940.01 mi||West||0° 05' 14.9"||6.02 mi||North||940.28 mi|
|24 hours||346° 02' 11.3"||911.47 mi||West||2° 38' 22.0"||181.53 mi||North||936.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nadi *||Sat 4:24 PM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka *||Sat 4:24 PM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Sat 4:24 PM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Sat 2:24 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||WNW|
|Levuka *||Sat 4:24 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||ENE|
|Labasa *||Sat 4:24 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||ENE|
|Luganville||Sat 2:24 PM||780 km||485 miles||421 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Sat 2:24 PM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:24 PM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:24 PM||1353 km||841 miles||731 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.