Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 3:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.38 meters/second, 1513.4 km/hour, 940.4 miles/hour or 817.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.9"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 04.4"||940.13 mi||West||0° 05' 16.5"||6.05 mi||North||940.40 mi|
|24 hours||346° 02' 37.6"||911.09 mi||West||2° 38' 54.3"||182.14 mi||North||936.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Sat 2:36 PM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Sat 2:36 PM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||SW|
|Luganville||Sat 2:36 PM||547 km||340 miles||296 nm||NW|
|Nadi *||Sat 4:36 PM||752 km||468 miles||406 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka *||Sat 4:36 PM||762 km||474 miles||411 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Sat 4:36 PM||849 km||528 miles||459 nm||E|
|Labasa *||Sat 4:36 PM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||ENE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:36 PM||1511 km||939 miles||816 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:36 PM||1521 km||945 miles||821 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Sat 2:36 PM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.