Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 3:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.43 meters/second, 1513.5 km/hour, 940.5 miles/hour or 817.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.9"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 05.4"||940.22 mi||West||0° 05' 17.8"||6.07 mi||North||940.50 mi|
|24 hours||346° 02' 59.6"||910.77 mi||West||2° 39' 21.1"||182.65 mi||North||935.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Sat 2:46 PM||175 km||109 miles||94 nm||N|
|Noumea||Sat 2:46 PM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||SSW|
|Luganville||Sat 2:46 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||NNW|
|Nadi *||Sat 4:46 PM||1001 km||622 miles||540 nm||E|
|Lautoka *||Sat 4:46 PM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||E|
|Suva *||Sat 4:46 PM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||E|
|Honiara||Sat 2:46 PM||1399 km||869 miles||755 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:46 PM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:46 PM||1760 km||1093 miles||950 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Sat 1:46 PM||1781 km||1107 miles||962 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.