Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 3:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 03:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.47 meters/second, 1513.7 km/hour, 940.6 miles/hour or 817.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 06.2"||940.32 mi||West||0° 05' 19.1"||6.10 mi||North||940.60 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 38.1"||910.45 mi||East||2° 39' 47.7"||183.16 mi||North||935.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Sat 2:56 PM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||ENE|
|Noumea||Sat 2:56 PM||340 km||211 miles||184 nm||SSE|
|Luganville||Sat 2:56 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Sat 2:56 PM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||NNW|
|Suva *||Sat 4:56 PM||1351 km||840 miles||730 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Sat 1:56 PM||1576 km||980 miles||851 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:56 PM||1884 km||1171 miles||1017 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:56 PM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||E|
|Yaren||Sat 3:56 PM||2078 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||N|
|Cairns||Sat 1:56 PM||2120 km||1317 miles||1145 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.