Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 4:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 04:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.69 meters/second, 1514.5 km/hour, 941.1 miles/hour or 817.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 10.3"||940.82 mi||West||0° 05' 25.4"||6.22 mi||North||941.10 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 47.5"||908.85 mi||East||2° 42' 00.7"||185.70 mi||North||934.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Sat 2:46 PM||873 km||542 miles||471 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Sat 2:46 PM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||S|
|Honiara||Sat 3:46 PM||1277 km||794 miles||690 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 2:46 PM||1286 km||799 miles||694 nm||NNW|
|Noumea||Sat 3:46 PM||1373 km||853 miles||741 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Sat 3:46 PM||1555 km||966 miles||840 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Sat 3:46 PM||1641 km||1020 miles||886 nm||S|
|Canberra *||Sat 3:46 PM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||SSW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 2:16 PM||2108 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||WSW|
|Melbourne *||Sat 3:46 PM||2228 km||1384 miles||1203 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.