Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 5:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 05:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.80 meters/second, 1514.9 km/hour, 941.3 miles/hour or 818.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 12.4"||941.06 mi||West||0° 05' 28.4"||6.28 mi||North||941.34 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 54.1"||908.08 mi||East||2° 43' 03.9"||186.91 mi||North||934.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Townsville||Sat 3:10 PM||114 km||71 miles||62 nm||W|
|Lindeman Island||Sat 3:10 PM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||SE|
|Charters Towers||Sat 3:10 PM||199 km||124 miles||107 nm||WSW|
|Cairns||Sat 3:10 PM||336 km||209 miles||182 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Sat 3:10 PM||1057 km||657 miles||571 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 3:10 PM||1079 km||671 miles||583 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Sat 2:40 PM||1536 km||955 miles||830 nm||WSW|
|Sydney *||Sat 4:10 PM||1660 km||1031 miles||896 nm||S|
|Honiara||Sat 4:10 PM||1688 km||1049 miles||911 nm||NE|
|Canberra *||Sat 4:10 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||966 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.