Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 5:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 05:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.85 meters/second, 1515.0 kilometres/hour, 941.4 miles/hour or 818.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 13.2"||941.17 mi||West||0° 05' 29.7"||6.30 mi||North||941.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 31.9"||907.76 mi||East||2° 43' 30.3"||187.41 mi||North||933.88 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Charters Towers||Sat 3:20 PM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||SE|
|Townsville||Sat 3:20 PM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||E|
|Gordonvale||Sat 3:20 PM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||N|
|Cairns||Sat 3:20 PM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||N|
|Port Moresby||Sat 3:20 PM||1090 km||677 miles||589 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Sat 3:20 PM||1198 km||745 miles||647 nm||SE|
|Alice Springs||Sat 2:50 PM||1305 km||811 miles||704 nm||WSW|
|Sydney *||Sat 4:20 PM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||SSE|
|Darwin||Sat 2:50 PM||1736 km||1079 miles||937 nm||WNW|
|Canberra *||Sat 4:20 PM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.