Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 5:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 05:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.91 meters/second, 1515.3 km/hour, 941.5 miles/hour or 818.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 14.4"||941.31 mi||West||0° 05' 31.4"||6.33 mi||North||941.59 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 00.7"||907.31 mi||East||2° 44' 06.9"||188.11 mi||North||933.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Normanton||Sat 3:34 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Sat 3:34 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||ENE|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 3:04 PM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Sat 3:04 PM||994 km||617 miles||536 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 3:34 PM||1202 km||747 miles||649 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Sat 3:04 PM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Sat 3:34 PM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||SE|
|Adelaide *||Sat 4:04 PM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Sat 2:34 PM||1844 km||1146 miles||995 nm||N|
|Sydney *||Sat 4:34 PM||1862 km||1157 miles||1006 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.