Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 6:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 06:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.05 meters/second, 1515.8 km/hour, 941.9 miles/hour or 818.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 17.0"||941.62 mi||West||0° 05' 35.2"||6.40 mi||North||941.90 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 53.9"||906.35 mi||East||2° 45' 25.2"||189.61 mi||North||932.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Sat 3:34 PM||100 km||62 miles||54 nm||SW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 3:34 PM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Sat 3:34 PM||855 km||532 miles||462 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Sat 4:04 PM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||E|
|Eucla||Sat 2:49 PM||1520 km||944 miles||821 nm||SSW|
|Dili||Sat 3:04 PM||1543 km||959 miles||833 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 4:04 PM||1697 km||1054 miles||916 nm||NE|
|Adelaide *||Sat 4:34 PM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Sat 3:04 PM||1936 km||1203 miles||1046 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Sat 3:04 PM||2019 km||1255 miles||1090 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.