Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 6:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 06:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.09 meters/second, 1515.9 km/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 17.9"||941.72 mi||West||0° 05' 36.4"||6.43 mi||North||942.01 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 31.5"||906.03 mi||East||2° 45' 51.3"||190.10 mi||North||932.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Sat 3:44 PM||184 km||115 miles||99 nm||ESE|
|Alice Springs||Sat 3:44 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||SSE|
|Darwin||Sat 3:44 PM||755 km||469 miles||408 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sat 3:14 PM||1386 km||861 miles||748 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Sat 4:14 PM||1422 km||883 miles||768 nm||E|
|Eucla||Sat 2:59 PM||1442 km||896 miles||779 nm||SSW|
|Adelaide *||Sat 4:44 PM||1855 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 4:14 PM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Sat 3:14 PM||2022 km||1256 miles||1092 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Sat 3:14 PM||2035 km||1264 miles||1099 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.