Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 6:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.14 meters/second, 1516.1 km/hour, 942.1 miles/hour or 818.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 18.8"||941.82 mi||West||0° 05' 37.7"||6.45 mi||North||942.11 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 09.1"||905.71 mi||East||2° 46' 17.2"||190.60 mi||North||932.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Sat 3:54 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Sat 3:54 PM||643 km||399 miles||347 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Sat 3:54 PM||735 km||456 miles||397 nm||N|
|Dili||Sat 3:24 PM||1263 km||785 miles||682 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Sat 3:09 PM||1403 km||871 miles||757 nm||S|
|Cairns||Sat 4:24 PM||1672 km||1039 miles||903 nm||E|
|Makassar||Sat 2:24 PM||1931 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||NW|
|Adelaide *||Sat 4:54 PM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||SSE|
|Denpasar||Sat 2:24 PM||1980 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||WNW|
|Perth||Sat 2:24 PM||2021 km||1256 miles||1091 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.