Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 6:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.19 meters/second, 1516.3 km/hour, 942.2 miles/hour or 818.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 19.7"||941.93 mi||West||0° 05' 38.8"||6.48 mi||North||942.21 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 46.8"||905.38 mi||East||2° 46' 42.9"||191.09 mi||North||932.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Halls Creek||Sat 2:34 PM||92 km||57 miles||50 nm||N|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 4:04 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||E|
|Darwin||Sat 4:04 PM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||NNE|
|Alice Springs||Sat 4:04 PM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||SE|
|Dili||Sat 3:34 PM||1184 km||736 miles||640 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Sat 3:19 PM||1403 km||872 miles||758 nm||S|
|Denpasar||Sat 2:34 PM||1775 km||1103 miles||958 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Sat 2:34 PM||1785 km||1109 miles||964 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Sat 2:34 PM||1860 km||1156 miles||1004 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Sat 4:34 PM||1924 km||1195 miles||1039 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.