Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 6:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 06:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.23 meters/second, 1516.4 kilometres/hour, 942.3 miles/hour or 818.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 20.5"||942.03 mi||West||0° 05' 40.2"||6.50 mi||North||942.32 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 24.4"||905.06 mi||East||2° 47' 08.7"||191.58 mi||North||932.16 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Sat 4:14 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||E|
|Darwin||Sat 4:14 PM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||NE|
|Kupang||Sat 2:44 PM||1000 km||621 miles||540 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Sat 4:14 PM||1025 km||637 miles||553 nm||ESE|
|Dili||Sat 3:44 PM||1160 km||721 miles||626 nm||N|
|Eucla||Sat 3:29 PM||1445 km||898 miles||780 nm||SSE|
|Denpasar||Sat 2:44 PM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Sat 2:44 PM||1666 km||1035 miles||900 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Sat 2:44 PM||1718 km||1067 miles||927 nm||SSW|
|Malang||Sat 1:44 PM||1839 km||1143 miles||993 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.